HR need to encourage more of a change culture.
The development of HR functions are linked to the bygone industrial age. Talented employees were expected to compliantly contribute towards the organization’s common goals and global value. HR was thus put in charge of an ecosystem built around formalized processes, sameness, common practices, and conformity. This model is however inadapted if a company is to embrace change or innovation in a post-digital era requiring agility and people ready to disrupt, excel and grow.
Businesses have always thrived on the process of making ever slightly better things, in ever improving ways. It’s time to accept that machines are best at being machines and celebrate what being a human is all about: not least our ability to question, challenge and adapt.
When change and innovation become a genuine aspiration, HR and senior management will acknowledge the value of remarkable people. While those who blend in, who hide in organizational charts and avoid responsibility will be less rewarded. When HR intervenes and confines talent to boxes, checklists and rigidly defined objectives, they seriously hamper enthusiasm. This is why companies rooted in tradition and formal processes are strugling. Pluralism of ideas, entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and continued learning should take precedence over imposed consensus, tightly regimented roles, centralized authority,. formalized training.
Since its foundation in 1989, Vicario Consulting has been closely monitoring evolving macro socio-economic factors which force organizations to adapt. Based on our pluridisciplinary research and long-standing experience, we have developed a new competency model that works for any company wishing to equip its managers with more effective behavior and attitudes. We would be delighted to present this tool to you at your convenience. Read more
- Putting an end to the color of foosball
- Sublimating the paradoxes that imprison us
- [Bewerbungsverfahren geschlossen] REKRUTIERUNG: Abteilungsleiterin oder -leiter der zentralen Dienste IVBE, Mitglied der Geschäftsleitung – 80% bis 100%
- Rekrutierung : Administrative Assistenz 50 % in Jahresarbeitszeit
- When recruitment plays it cool
- Recrutement : SECRÉTAIRE COMMUNAL (80 – 100 %)7 December 2023
- [Délai de postulation rallongé au 13.12.2023] RECRUTEMENT : Responsable des placements (80-100%) – CPVAL30 October 2023
- [Bewerbungsverfahren geschlossen] REKRUTIERUNG: Abteilungsleiterin oder -leiter der zentralen Dienste IVBE, Mitglied der Geschäftsleitung – 80% bis 100%7 September 2023
- [Postulations fermées] RECRUTEMENT : Directeur·trice général·e (80%-100%) – RYMAJE et ASIYE6 September 2023
- [Postulations fermées] RECRUTEMENT : Directeur administratif et financier (80-100 %) – Maison Hospitalière du Grand-Saint-Bernard5 September 2023